There is lots to learn and play about July 4th celebrations. Kid friendly topics, resources and observances you can use to tell them stories about American history.
There can be confusion and questions about how to properly wear and display the American flag, especially around the summer holidays of Memorial Day and July 4th when many people want to display a flag.
- Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union - audio
- Constitution of the United States of America - audio
- United States Declaration of Independence - audio
- Gettysburg Address (Lincoln Memorial)- audio
- The Emancipation Proclamation - audio
- Additional amendments to the United States Constitution
- Naturalization Act of 1870
- United States Bill of Rights
- Civil Rights Act of 1875
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- 9-11 Commission Report
- Portal United States Congress
The USCIS Naturalization Interview and Test Video
The USCIS Naturalization Interview and Test is a 16-minute video that provides an overview of the naturalization process and testing requirements. This video highlights scenes from the naturalization interview, including the English and U.S. history and government (civics) portions of the naturalization test.
A Promise of Freedom
An Introduction to U.S. history and civics for immigrants
Video highlighting U.S. history, civics, and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
Becoming an U.S. Citizen
An overview of the naturalization process
This presentation provides a general overview of the naturalization process including where to find immigration information and the general requirements for obtaining U.S. citizenship.